Sleepless in Seattle



After almost a 17-hour flight, I was able to make it to Seattle safely. A town that seems to be everything artsy-fartsy. The weather was cool and the atmosphere was all laid-back.

My uncle, Tito Sam, together with his endearing family, Tita Carla and Tisha were a few minutes late when I've arrived at the airport. It caused me a bit of panic at first as I didn't know where to go.




As I only had one full day in the state of Washington, they tried packing all the must-sees and must-dos in the area during my first day in the U.S.




It wouldn't be a memorable trip in Seattle if I wouldn't be visiting the first-ever Starbucks in the whole wide world. This retro-looking shop opened in 1912 (would you believe it?) and can only house a few customers inside the coffee shop. There's no place to sit or chill out as it encourages "to-go" orders.

Tita Carla bought me a mug which I then gave to my sister as a souvenir.










Pike market was very interesting. They were selling a lot of colorful items inside - from vegetables, fruits, to t-shirts. A lot of vintage stuff too which you can get at really cheap prices.




I thought Space Needle wasn't a great experience at all. It was expensive and the excitement just fades away as you go up. Sure, Seattle's city landscape was awesome. But once you are up there, what else can you do? See the same thing over and over again...




To transfer from Seattle to Port Angeles, where my relatives live, we had to take the ferry a.k.a. RORO which was about half an hour ride. The wind was so strong and cold, my nose started to bleed slightly.





Traveling by car was quite a sight. The scenery just change from a minute to another. From dreary woods, to luscious trees, to dreamy lakes, to scruffy towns, one won't get bored at the various things you will see.

As I was almost awake for the past 24 hours since I got to Washington, I tried catching naps while on the road. Here and there, I take photos and videos of the pretty spots too.

We did a lot of shopping on my first day. I was already forcing myself not to get off the car so I won't get encouraged to spend a single dime on any item.





At night time, people don't really like walking in the streets or hanging out at the alleys. I felt like I was in a Walking Dead series as even cinema houses looked abandoned.

I didn't really had the chance to try the local food in Washington as we didn't have enough time to go around.

Sigh, I miss my family there.

Signing off,
SuperPao

0 comments:

Post a Comment