Casa Verde Brunch

2011 has been a year of brunches with friends. We've tried stopping our weekend night-outs and exchanged it for early Saturday or Sunday brunches.

So far, it always has been a success. It has always been a sumptuous and hearty dine-out with good friends.

Last Sunday, Shan, Bic and I decided to try out Casa Verde at Singapore Botanic Garden. I initially thought it'll be my first time to try out this resto. Apparently, it wasn't. I remember having merienda here with Myla and Erwin approximately two years ago.


Bic and I both rode the MRT to make our way to the brunch venue while alighting at the newly opened Circle Line's Botanic Garden station.

Unfortunately, the station is closer to the entrance situated at far end of the Botanic Garden. Left with no other choice, we then walked for about 15 minutes to find Casa Verde.

(Singapore Botanic Garden Map)

(Good thing the sun wasn't that scorching hot while we were finding our way. Otherwise, we would have already given up upon entering the garden gate.)

For a while, it felt good while enjoying the scenic greeneries. It almost felt like being inside a "Secret Garden." 

But the more we walked further, the more obstacles we found along the way. 

Take for example this fork-on-the-road...


I told Bic, "we should trust our instincts," and  wanted to turn left. As turning left would entail more strength and effort as you need to do a climb, Bic immediately spurted out, "I should trust my legs instead" and wanted to turn right.

Good thing I saw a cardboard post saying that the left road is the correct one. 

We also found lots of cutiepie doggies. I wish I'll be able to own one in the future. 





There was nothing spectacular about Casa Verde. Just plain outdoor resto with lots of trees surrounding it and lots of Caucasian with their kids hanging around.

 (Bic and Shan had the same order: Big Breakfast Meal)

(I was craving for some tomato-based Chicken and was expecting more from my order, but instead, I just got a plain roasted Chiken plate with some fries and greens on the side.)

It was an interesting-yet-short brunch with these guys. It's not usual for Shan to invite us for lunch. But if he does, I'm pretty sure he needs some listening ears to some of his personal issues.

 (Shan: All smiles with his brunch)


 (Bic and her "gutomjones-self.")


(Disappointed with my order.)

I don't know if Bic and I were of any help to Shan. But it was indeed a good way for the three of us to just catch up. 


It is inspiring to hear new stories about your friends, especially when they are volunteering themselves to spill these juice-yet-private issues about themselves. It makes you feel privileged to be trusted by your friends.

Signing off,
SuperPao

0 comments:

Post a Comment