Stye on the eye


For four years now in Singapore, thank God, I never felt really sick yet. Fevers, flu, sorr throats here and there... but I was always able to manage.

This is probably the first time in my Singapore life that I felt sick and felt disabled --- unable to go out, unable to watch TV, and unable to go online.

The stye on my right eye has caused me deep shit for the past three days now. I expect it to still continue its plague in my life in the next two days or so. I hope not, really.

It's painful to the ass that I can't even open my eye for a long time. And that water flows incessantly without me even trying. Furthermore, every wink is as excruciating as a deep wound.

I don't know how it all started. All I know is that a nose infection has been bothering me since the past couple of weeks. And with aid of research, I assume I must have touched the infected side on my nose and scratched it over to my weak eye. That's what I assume. The stupid doctors here can't even explain to me what has happened and with a just a minute of consultation with them, they just give you an eye ointment in an instant which seemingly is not based on facts or observations or by listening to what I have to say. Then you have to pay them $60 bucks for that.

As I type this blog post with just one eye, while the other is covered with dampened cloth trying to do some self-medication via a warm compress, I contemplate on how I become throughly vulnerable with just a single eye. I am bothered. I feel... alone.

We become accustomed to what we always have and losing one part of you which has been always there forever easily becomes your weakest point. You tend to fall down.

As I return to my bed, trying to take another nap, I have always been praying that once I wake up, things get back to what it was...

0 comments:

Post a Comment