Jakarta, one more time.

This was my fourth visit to Jakarta. 

It's not a city you will enjoy during your first one. Steve, our web editor, was right. Jakarta just grows on you.

This was probably my best visit ever in this town. We were fortunate to be accommodated in a very good hotel with the best location ever --- right across the biggest mall, Plaza Indonesia, and only 15 minutes away from the office.

My hotel room was plain awesome. I wish my room in my own house looked like this...


Aside from Greg, I also came with our new Sales Manager, Verlyn. We actually hit off pretty well. I like her! Friendly, funny, and naive.


There are a lot of food options in Jakarta. Among the local dishes, rice is probably the staple.

I didn't know even Hitler is into rice?


But of course there were also some yummy noodles...



Verlyn loves taking photos, of the city and herself. Though it looked a bit cliche, I didn't mind joining her tripping that night.



One thing I've learned from Bic is that I should always visit the grocery stores of the new countries I will be visiting. This way, you will find new stuff that you probably aren't aware of.

Take this delicious biscuits for instance. Yes it's Japanese, and it's probably better to discover this in Japan. But what the heck --- I am in love with them!


Then for some bizarre reason, you will find the better versions of a particular dish in an odd location. Phad Thais are better consumed in Thailand, but Indonesians also create good versions of this dish.







Nowadays, Jakarta is getting more and more variations in their food offerings, especially as more international food/restos come to this side of the globe.

Signing off,
SuperPao

0 comments:

Post a Comment