Bretch was here

I was supposed to spend the weekend with two of my friends from my high school. But one backed out at the last minute as he was busy with his business.

So I ended up going out alone with Paul aka Bretch who stayed with us for three nights.

The funny thing is, we actually got along pretty well. Apart from reminiscing our decade of friendship together, what made me smile was the fact that he was very appreciative of the weekend I've spent with him.

On our first day, I've asked him to come to my office at Chinatown so we can leave together and bring his things to our house. My clever friend easily found his way to my office building despite the dozens of MRT stops he had to take coming from Changi.


We spend the first night admiring Singapore's city landscape. With the view of Marina Bay Sands on one side and the tall skyscrapers on the other, one can't help enjoy the magical evening we've had.

Whenever I have visiting friends from Manila, my personal goal is always to fill their stomachs with a good variation of local food --- from cereal prawns to spicy sting rays.




As much as I want to spend every moment with Bretch during that weekend, I got sick on Friday though. And so I stayed in my bed the whole time, while he spent his Friday watching the musical Wicked at MBS.

I tried to make up to him the next day by whipping up some sumptuous breakfast. I even surprised myself... I can actually create some great tomato-based pasta!

Our Saturday was spent wisely. After roaming the busy streets of Orchard, Bretch, Jaypee and I headed to Sentosa for some outdoor sun.








We've managed to swim in Sentosa's (dirty) beach. Although it was kinda itchy swimming in a beach full of algae, it was worth dipping in  the sea especially when you see your friend enjoying the day very much.

Signing off,
SuperPao

0 comments:

Post a Comment