Hiphop class: Right Now

I love dance classes as it allows me to express myself while sweating. 

(One Saturday evening with Charm and Chiara at Danz People, Singapore)

I actually think I can dance better than I can sing. I should have then spent my hours back in Grade School and High School joining dance troupes. I think I would have excelled more as compared to being a back-up bass singer in a choir. 

I remember starting dancing as a child. I easily volunteer myself to dance in front of my titos, titas, and other kamaganaks during christmas parties. I had great "running man" and "Dr. Jones" moves back when I was 8 or 10. The more money bills and coins being thrown in front of me, the more I dance ecstatically. 


Still in retrospect, I remember it became an annual habit and moneymaker for me. As I was growing old, I wanted to monetize on my God-given skills (ahem!) further, and so I started teaching my 7-year old younger sister, Denise. We were partners in the dance floor initially. Eventually I turned into a teenager and felt embarrassed doing so,  thus I left my sister gyrating on her own. But little did everyone know, I was behind all her choreo.

We did a lot of different dance covers - from Britney's Hit Me Baby One More Time,  to Steps' 5,6,7,8, to even the OPM Novelties such as Totoy Bibo.

Year after year, we both turned up into more matured adolescents and no longer felt the need to dance during parties. #kahiyamuch


Eventually, I forgot that I've got the moves, and that I CAN ACTUALLY dance. 

I slowly gained my confidence and beat back after I started attending dance classes at California Fitness, Singapore about three years ago.

My body is now looking forward to every chance I get to show off my moves.

Here's a preview of a routine we did yesterday:




Signing off,
SuperPao

0 comments:

Post a Comment